Music Assistant Volunteer
Lofts Music Shed run a selection of songwriting workshops in collaboration with Exeter Phoenix for young people aged 13-19yrs old. We are currently looking for a Music Assistant Volunteer to help with the young singer songwriter group (Monday evenings 5.30-7pm, 13-16yr olds) at Exeter Phoenix.
This year we are launching some new projects and are looking for someone who can be a key member of the team to help drive the new projects forward. The Music Assistant Volunteer will be expected to attend the workshop on a Monday evening plus 2 hours a week to complete various tasks within this role (this can be flexible and completed at home if required).
They will be responsible to the Learning Manager and be mentored by the Music Leader of Lofts Music Shed and have fortnightly meetings before the workshops. This is a voluntary role with expenses for travel and CPD opportunities. The volunteer will also receive 20% discount in the cafe bar.
This position is available during the school term time only and will run until March 2015.
• To be of a good standard of musical ability on either guitar/piano and voice (you don’t need to be able to read music but a strong musical ear would be an asset).
• To have a keen interest in music songwriting & creative lyric writing.
• To have good local area knowledge of the music/art scene.
• Experience or a desire to work with young people encouraging their development & confidence through the creative use of music.
• Be adaptable and helpful with all tasks asked by Music Workshop Leader.
• Reliable & friendly.
• Must be 18+
– experience of using Garageband, iMovie, Social Media Sites (Twitter & Facebook) & Tumblr
Duties and responsibilities:
• To attend YSSC (Mondays 5.30-7pm) and contribute to ideas within the sessions
• To assist the music leader in setting up the room, tuning instruments, preparing resources & materials before sessions.
• To help encourage participants in their songwriting development and attend the occasional additional workshops and events to help support the group.
• To help record & document sessions to create blog content.
• To help create flyers and posters for events.
• To help oversee & distribute marketing materials for events.
• To act as an ambassador for Exeter Phoenix Learning & Lofts Music Shed and source new platforms to perform & showcase the group.
• To attend live events when possible (including radio, gigs, festivals and recording studios).
• To promote news and events on social media sites (Twitter & Facebook)
Deadline 31st September 2014
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org